7.09.2005

Appleseed

Wow, my friends, I am in awe of what I have seen.

Let me first get out of the way that the actual plot of "Appleseed", A Japanimation feature released this year on DVD, isn't too strong. You are sort of just thrust into the story and never get to care about the characters like in the other anime film I've seen recently, "Spirited Away."

With that said, however, the reason that I had chosen to watch this movie in the first place was the visuals. And oh my, were they something. The best way to describe them are a fusion of "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within" and "Spirited Away." Much of the movie is done by computer generation it seems, but the characters seem to have been animated. This makes for a very interesting visual product, and one that I certainly had not experienced before.

The film itself is set way in the future, with hover vehicles and super-cool Transformers-style robots that blast away at each other with machine guns. Of course, the human characters run around shooting at each other with glamorized pistols and smaller machine guns, but the futuristic backdrop created by this new visual style made the movie completely worth it.

If you have a chance to see something like this, I highly recommend it. It is indeed the sweetest eye candy...

2 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Blogger Failoz said...

I assumed this was a bio-pic on our boy Johnny.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Brad said...

as tempting as that sounded Failor, I have to think this probably was more enjoyable than afore-mentioned biopic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home